Accounting Supervisor - Managed Markets Advertising Agency (New York City)
Location: New York, New York US
Job Id: 1627
Position Title: Accounting Supervisor
Calling all nimble Accounting Supervisors who dig crunching numbers in a high energy, collaborative environment. If you want in at a dynamic company where you can contribute to the financial management for our premier pharmaceutical clients - look no further. We are seeking a dedicated, experienced accountant to be the primary contact with the project managers to determine revenue recognition and ensure client financial obligations are met. Additionally, you'll be working with multiple finance departments to determine inter-company revenue and costs.
Who are we
At Precision for Value, we are a leading payer-focused healthcare marketing communications firm in the United States, and we are growing which is why this is a newly built role. We welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
Do you love rolling up your sleeves, are a self starter with a proven accounting foundation and excel in a dynamic ever-changing environment? Then, look no further, we'd like to help you take your career to the next level.
Are you are both left and right brained? You should be no stranger to hashing out accounting details, wrangling numbers and serving as the agency accounting "go-to" for team members and clients alike.
- You are flexible. You're able to prioritize, pivot from task to task with ease and can change directions in a moment's notice.
- You are a problem solver -- you are adept at crafting on the spot solutions for whatever the challenge may be.
- Do you love to learn? Do you have an interest in health and medicine and are continually learning and tackling new subjects of interest and engagement? We are looking for curious and passionate seekers with a thirst for knowledge
- You have an eagle eye for the details and are a keen double-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure everything is just right.
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and are never satisfied with the status quo.
Essential functions (include but are not limited to):
Be a part of an experienced, passionate team of accounting professionals by contributing and engaging in the following:
- Manage business unit(s) project revenues and ensure monthly reconciliations are completed timely and in compliance with contracts
- As the primary finance contact for business unit projects, understand and elevate potential issues to ensure proper accounting and revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP
- Review client business development opportunities and client projects compared to budget and projection and assist in variance analysis
- Maintain and distribute project summary of hours and expenses incurred to track against estimates and billings
- Review monthly project time entry activity and employee billing rates
- Support Assistant Controller and Divisional Controller with special reporting requests
- Assist in preparation for monthly controller’s meetings
- Contribute to monthly close process and annual audit
- Assist with related ad hoc projects and system migrations, as required
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into play. Precision For Value empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven’t found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you’ll be heard. It’s hard to ask for more from a workplace where you’ll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategist and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best, most notable and brightest to change the standard of care.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting of finance
- 4+ years of relevant accounting/finance experience
- Ability to travel up to 10-20%
- Agency or pharmaceutical experience
- Project accounting skills
- Experience liaising with senior and executive leadership
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision For Value
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Supervisor - Managed Markets Advertising Agency (New York City)
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US