Flow Cytometry Technologist
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Id: 1834
Position Title: Technologist I
Precision for Medicine Laboratory Services offers like-minded flow cytometry professionals projects through assay development, validation and execution. We specialize in high complexity, multiplex immunofluorescence detection using a state-of-the-art image analysis to address complex questions regarding frequency of cell populations for immuno-oncology applications. We offer a rare integrated platform, built to work with tumor tissue to generate both phenotypic and genomic information from the same biopsy sample.
With this liquid biopsy technology we detect, isolate, and capture circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and other rare cells without the need of labels or antibodies offering patients less invasive, less painful and more economical diagnostic options. This technology has been incorporated into over 75 clinical studies, including trials for prostate, lung, breast, colon, pancreatic, liver, sarcoma, and renal cancers. In addition, we are a pioneer in developing the technology for high-volume capture of CTCs to enable precision medicine in the clinical setting.
- You never stop learning. You keep current on new discoveries & advances.
- You are dedicated, decisive & organized.
- Curious and patient; you not only question what you observe but also what you already know.
- You are open-minded.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Performing simple and complex processing of blood and body fluids (routine and non-routine procedures)
- Setting up instrumentation and running calibration samples
- Running quality control samples, clinical samples and generating data
- You will maintain a stock of all needed reagents and consumables
- You will perform daily, weekly, monthly instrument maintenance and trouble-shooting.
- Work with scientists to carry out qualification of assay for new projects.
- Work with QA to perform good documentation and ensure the lab is operating under CLIA, GLP and GCP standards.
- You will assist lab managers in training new personnel on project related assay, daily lab work and SOP procedures.
- You will, as needed, complete freezer transfers, generate reports document the transfer, and coordinate with QC and entry of new locations into the BSI.
- Flexibility in shift work. Extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Life Sciences, Biology, or other related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-1 years of prior related flow cytometry laboratory experience
- Familiar with blood processing and Immunofluoresence staining
- Ability to see and differentiate between colors on the full color spectrum
- Experience in oncology related research or hematology research are also helpful
- Contribution to quality control of reagents through a variety of tests, writing of SOPs
- Good teammate, meticulously detailed and organized, can work under pressure to deliver tasks on time and has good oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong computational skills, preferably experienced with Word, Excel, Power Point, GraphPad Prism, Diva, and Flowjo
- Excellent use of discernment and discretion
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours
- Ability to lift and carry between 1-15 lbs.; frequently required to sit, grasp, and use right/left finger dexterity; May be exposed to a cold freezer environment (Freezer temperatures range between -20ºC -196ºC)
- Able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- At least 6 months experience on flow cytometer (BD) using both whole blood or isolated cells
- A deep understanding of current GLP or CAP/CLIA/ISO standards
- Experience with FACS techniques. Experience in cell-mediated immunity through flow cytometry, as well as, ELISpot, ELISA, MSD, and/or Luminex
- Background in a laboratory setting with respect to documenting regulatory guidelines (cGMP, cGLP or ISO) and SOPs
Precision For Medicine supports life sciences companies in the use of biomarkers essential to targeting patients more precisely and effectively. We apply novel biomarker approaches to clinical research that take advantage of the latest advancements in science and technology, focusing predominantly on genomics, immune-response assays, global specimen logistics, biomarker analytics, companion diagnostics, and clinical trial execution. Precision for Medicine, part of Precision Medicine Group LLC, has more than 1,500 employees in 30 locations in the US, Canada, and Europe.
Division: Precision For Medicine
Business Unit: Laboratory Services
Employment Type: Non Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Flow Cytometry Technologist
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US