Associate Research Scientist / Research Scientist - HEOR
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 2051
Position Title: Associate Research Scientist
Who We Are:
Precision Xtract is an award-winning global healthcare market access consultancy within Precision Medicine Group. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer and physician pull-through, and data management.
We provide powerful research skills to positively impact payer and purchaser decision-making, which allows organizations to assess appropriate populations for therapies and potential expanded access for life-saving and altering medical interventions.
With offices in across the US, Canada & the UK, our team has experienced rapid growth and includes a collection of professionals from around the globe with experience across multiple disciplines: former payer executives, health economists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, academics, pharma marketers, and consultants—all passionate about generating solutions to our customers’ value and access needs.
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a passion for projects involving innovative health economic concepts? Are you passionate about putting in the hard work to conduct high quality research? Do you consider yourself to be highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills? Do you love to develop and deliver polished PowerPoint presentations? Your dream job is waiting. If you’re a born problem-solver and enjoy when no day is the same - keep reading.
What you can expect day-to-day:
As an Associate Research Scientist/Research Scientist, you will responsible for collaborating across a broad portfolio of sophisticated health economic and health policy research projects as a member of a project team. You will have a basic familiarity with the application of research methods (e.g. literature review, modeling, observational research, statistical programming) and will execute a wide range of activities including: project management; literature review; analysis; preparing reports, slide decks and meeting notes; quality assurance/review; and other activities, under the direction and supervision of a project leader.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Manage timelines, client communications, scheduling, note taking and other activities to assure a project progresses.
- Collect data using targeted and systematic literature review methods, including developing data collection criteria, collection tools, performing literature searches, and abstracting relevant data.
- Conduct data analysis under the direction of the project leader using appropriate methodological tools and programs such as SAS, STATA, and Excel.
- Develops written materials (reports, manuscripts, slide decks) for presenting project results, and performs basic copy/editing for grammar and spelling.
- Participates and effectively communicates in internal team discussions and in meetings with external stakeholders and clients.
- May be asked to perform a wide range of other project-related and infrastructure activities such as: recruiting experts for meetings, advisory groups, or panels; contributing to or reviewing proposals; assisting with problem-solving; researching potential solutions; among others.
- Master’s degree
- Associate Research Scientist: A minimum of 1-years’ experience in a research role
- Research Scientist: 3-5 years' experience in a research role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and as part of a diverse team
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Master’s degree with a concentration in economics, health services research, epidemiology, biostatistics, public policy, health policy, or public health or related; Ph.D.
- Experience in conducting literature reviews.
- Experience in conducting systematic reviews, scoping reviews, rapid reviews, or critical reviews
- Experience conducting and interpreting statistical analyses
- Experience writing scientific or review papers
- Understanding of medical terminology and/or any disease-specific expertise
- Experience with statistical programs such as R, Stata or SAS
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision Xtract
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Country: United States
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Research Scientist / Research Scientist - HEOR
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US