Accountant, Advertising Agency
Location: Boston, Massachusetts US
Job Id: 2063
Position Title: Staff Accountant
Calling all nimble Accountants who dig crunching numbers in a high energy, collaborative environment. If you want in at a dynamic company where you can contribute to the financial management for our premier pharmaceutical clients - look no further. We are seeking a dedicated, experienced accountant to engage in all aspects of the agency's accounting practices from accounts payable and receivable to employee expense reports to related reporting and analysis and everything in between.
Who are we
We welcome and champion fun, meaningful, hard and rewarding experiences to deliver impactful results time and time again. We are a group of healthcare enthusiasts who relish the ability to educate, engage and activate on our clients behalf. Our clients deliver exceptional products that change people’s lives. We create extraordinary messaging that changes minds; that’s just who we are. And it’s the only way we work.
We are teammates that understand success is not stagnant. It is never "one" and "done," sharing an unspoken agreement to always improve and dazzle - adding a dash of love resulting in influencing changing the standard of care.
Do you love rolling up your sleeves, are a self starter with a proven accounting foundation and excel in a dynamic ever-changing environment? Then, look no further, we'd like to help you take your career to the next level.
You'll be working with account teams to help ensure the financial health of their businesses, developing spreadsheets, bringing your analytical mind and love of numbers to the table in an environment that is team driven with a focus on growth.
- Are you are both left and right brained? You should be no stranger to hashing out accounting details, wrangling numbers and serving as the agency accounting "go-to" for team members and clients alike.
- You are flexible. You're able to prioritize, pivot from task to task with ease and can change directions in a moment's notice.
- You are a problem solver -- you are adept at crafting on the spot solutions for whatever the challenge may be.
- Do you love to learn? Do you have an interest in health and medicine and are continually learning and tackling new subjects of interest and engagement? We are looking for curious and passionate seekers with a thirst for knowledge
- You have an eagle eye for the details and are a keen double-checker who loves getting into the nitty gritty to make sure everything is just right.
- You love collaborating with a team of professionals who are encouraging, driven to meet deadlines, and committed to quality contributions crucial to the successful execution of a variety of print and digital projects for our clients.
- You work passionately and are never satisfied with the status quo.
Essential functions (include but are not limited to):
Be a part of an experienced, passionate team of accounting professionals by contributing and engaging in the following:
- Engage in monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Spearhead the investigation of past due invoices
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reports ensuring proper approval and documentation obtained
- Process corporate credit card bookings and ensure proper classification and coding of expenses and proper documentation obtained
- Run Honoraria payments and ensuring vendor documentation is obtained prior to payments being issued
- Create and lead billing and other financial reports as required
- Assist with related ad hoc projects
- Gather supporting documents for annual audit
- Ability to liase with various project leads and other office finance departments on intercompany transactions
Put your big-picture thinking and differentiating insights into effect. precisioneffect empowers those with a strong voice and a differentiating point of view. And if you haven’t found yours already, know we plan to inspire you, with the promise you’ll be heard. It’s hard to ask for more from a workplace where you’ll build your confidence and grow your career. Join our team of innovators, strategist and science geeks who partner with the healthcare industry’s best, most notable and brightest to change the standard of care.
Who we are
We are the leading healthcare advertising agency devoted to medical devices, diagnostics, and specialty pharmaceuticals. With offices in Boston, Mass., and Costa Mesa, Calif., the agency has an unparalleled understanding of market dynamics, a deft hand at translating technical advances into compelling programs for customer adoption, and a willingness to creatively utilize unique channels to communicate clients' messages The agency has consistently been recognized by clients, peers and professional organizations for its outstanding creative work.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting/finance experience
- Agency or pharmaceutical experience
- Project accounting skills
- General ledger accounting
- Month-end close experience
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: precisioneffect
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant, Advertising Agency
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US