Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Job Id: 677
Position Title: Medical Writer
Precision for Value (PFV), the top payer marketing agency, supports global pharmaceutical and life sciences clients in the achievement of commercial excellence. We excel at demonstrating the economic, clinical, and societal value of creative medical treatments to payers, providers, patients, and policymakers.
As leaders in the generation, analysis, and communication of that evidence, we are maximizing market access to support our clients in their mission of improving care for patients around the world. We are able to accomplish this because of the amazing talent on our team including; former payers, data scientists, health economists, marketing strategists, and promotional effectiveness specialists to join our organization.
Are you a Medical Writer open to Chicago based opportunities with a growing company? At PFV, you will make an impact by supporting our clients who are developing groundbreaking medicines/treatments who are working to make medicines accessible and affordable. We provide external training, mentorship, and operate in a cross-functional project team environment.
You will research, write, and develop medical content for a variety of promotional resources including; evaluating and identifying supporting documentation, organizing and annotating references.
- You are passionate about providing medical insights, contributing creative ideas, and developing high quality content that allows you to use scientific/medical knowledge and demonstrate your writing skills.
- You stay on top of trends in the medical/scientific community.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and taking projects from start to finish.
- You have an eye for detail and can accurately convey complex information in a simple way.
- You are naturally curious, a life-long learner and have a strong interest in health and medicine.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
Writing high-quality, medically accurate documents (print or digital). Acting as a subject matter authority on the supported therapeutic areas. Procuring, organizing, and handling reference materials from a various sources including peer-reviewed scientific journals, government and medical society publications, and reputable websites.
Collaborating autonomously, deftly, and dedicatedly with internal colleagues and, when appropriate, external clients. Handling and prioritizing multiple parallel work streams to meet established achievements
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical or related life sciences discipline
- At least one year of medical writing experience in a pharmaceutical company, medical communications company, or healthcare advertising agency
- Expertise in gathering, evaluating, and summarizing scientific literature
- Knowledge of AMA style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat
- Advanced degree – PharmD, MD, PhD, or equivalent – biomedical or life sciences
- Working knowledge of managed markets, healthcare, and the healthcare delivery system; health reform legislation; and/or managed care (HMO, MCO, PBM, etc.)
Division: Precision Value & Health
Business Unit: Precision For Value
Employment Type: Exempt
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work From Home Available: No
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Writer
Precision Medicine Group is an integrated team of experts in fields from advanced lab sciences to translational informatics, clinical trial delivery, and regulatory affairs, payer insights to marketing communications. Together, we help our pharmaceutical and life-sciences clients conquer product development and commercialization challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2018 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US